Cómpeta Business Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proposed meeting with the following objectives

Go down

Proposed meeting with the following objectives Empty Proposed meeting with the following objectives

Post  Admin Wed May 21, 2008 2:27 pm

Hello all,

I have spent most of the day answering emails which should have been posted on the forum - sorry, but I cannot spend all of my time doing this. Please use the forum which is now linked to the Grapevine and Competa Card forums - work TOGETHER not against each other - although that doesn´t mean we have to agree all the time!

I suggest the following, and, having helped set up the Northern Highlands Initiative (Prince Charles´initiative) do have some experience and knowledge of this - we had the same issues in Scotland which are now being ironed out. Not necessarily with the construction, but with lack of promotion or a real development plan. We are starting to get that now. Here´s a few tips.

1. Get a public meeting with the mayor and Tom Ferber - Pete Haken has agreed to help organise this - maybe one of the other members of the committee can help - sorry, I am not available. I am in Scotland.
2. The meeting should have clear aims and objectives, and measurable outcomes. Eg find out what has happened to the business association, why has it stalled. The best person to drive this is Pepe Perico, he is the provisional chairman. Cesario the taxi driver is also good to push things along. See other entries on the forum for the procedure.
3. Get a dedicated person to chase up the town hall, again Pepe would be good for this, but I know he is busy.
4. Get a game plan - timescales etc. from the town hall, and use the weight of the business association to push it through.

The situation affects ALL businesses in Competa, whether they are based in Competa or not, and whether they actually have customers in Competa or not. It is no use people saying but they aren´t based in Competa - this is a very narrow attitude. We cannot say how wonderful Competa is, it isn´t at the moment - and it really disappoints me to have to say that, having been working, visiting and living there for over 20 years. So, get a plan together and go to the mayor - and don´t be fobbed off.
Please put your comments on the forum and don´t send me emails about this subject. Thanks.

Admin
Admin

http://www.letsgosouth.co.uk

Back to top Go down